Sebastian Michaelis has returned in brand new adventures, in Black Butler – Book of Circus, featuring a new season worth of scrumptious recipes!
Our first mouthwatering treat is galette des rois, also known as King Cake or Three Kings Cake. Sounds fancy, right? In celebration of the new season let’s make a galette des rois worthy enough to satisfy even the finickiest of food connoisseurs!
Let’s get started, shall we? First, we will need the proper ingredients in order to create our masterpiece.
For the almond filling we will need…
· One cup (100g) of almond flour
· ½ cup (100g) of sugar
· A pinch of salt
· Zest of ½ orange (unsprayed)
· 3 ½ ounces (100g) of unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
· 2 eggs at room temperature
· 2 teaspoons of rum or, if you’re not a fan of alcohol, a few drops of orange flower water
· 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract
· 1 pound (450g) of puff pastry, divided in two pieces, chilled a whole almond or piece of candied fruit to be the fève
So far so great! For the glaze we will need…
· One egg yolk
· One teaspoon of milk
Now that we have all the ingredients necessary for this delectable delight we can embark on our culinary adventure! Click here for step by step directions and don’t forget to watch Black Butler – Book of Circus Thursdays at 3:20 ET.
To watch your favorite episodes of Black Butler instantly click here.